부산광역시 서구청 영문 스킵네비게이션

닫기
About seogu
The Origin of 'Dong' Names
Dongdaesin dong & Seodaesin dong

Dongdaesin dong & Seodaesin dong

Daesindong's old name is 'Dakbatgol' or 'Gobundori'.

Dakbatgol which means a town with a lot of paper mulberry was also called 'Dakbakgol', 'Ddakbatgol', 'Ddakbakgol' and etc.

The double entendre 'Gobundori' is a field making a wicker trunk and a twisting path. During the Japanese occupation of Korea, as the number of Japanese settlers increased, Japanese settlement formed from the western part of Mt.Yongdu to the valley under Mt.Gudeok. The Japanese residential area included Daecheong-dong, Bupyeong-dong, Bumin-dong, Bosu-dong and Daesing-dong. Daesin-dong was newly made in the area that was included as a part of Daechiri and Buminpo. The name of Daesin-dong is originated from Hansaebul which means a grand new town and its japanese name 'Daesinjeong' originated from Chinese characters 'Dae' as big and “Sin” as new. Daesinjeong was divided into East Daesin and West Daesin in 1926 and it is called today's name after Korea's independence.